Thankfully, Grace brought home her "school pictures" on her last day of preschool. These are the pictures, paid for by the check, that started it all. See story here.
I feel I must apologize to my sweet Grace for passing on to her my pasty white skin. I fear that for the rest of her life, in the last winter-early spring, people will ask her if she's feeling well and she'll only reply, "Yes, I'm fine." But all the while be cursing them (and me) because she is NOT ill or under the weather, she is just white. Pasty white. Grace will blame me, I blame my mother and she blames hers. It's a viscous blame game.One more thing, I hate props. This picture is 40% Grace and 60% props. I don't want pictures of props. I wanted pictures of my child. Crazy me!
(I apologize if I just totally offended you b/c you love picture props. Its okay. We can agree to disagree and still be friends.)
Having said ALL that, our Grace is stinkin' cute. She love, love, loves that dress and made sure, days in advance, that it was clean and hanging in her closet for picture day. Grace was so proud of herself for being big enough for "school pictures". Its true. Look how big she is. She's a giant that's all but outgrown her winter clothes. I can hardly believe she was my butterball baby just a few years ago. Grace makes me smile everyday with her hilarious made-up words, lyrics and stories. There is never a dull moment when Grace is home.
I love you my Gracie Anne
7 comments:
That little fake dog really is creepy. Love you Grace!
Hey mom, I want a school picture. Love, Mom
P.S. Oh Miss Grace - you are bee-u-tee-ful!
Anti-Prop Mom's of America, unite! I'm totally with you on that one. Aside from the disturbing faux foliage, that little girl in the purple dress is too cute! And maybe her skin isn't pasty...maybe it is porcelain :)
Props are so, so annoying. Natural is always just better. Grace is so old too. So mature looking. Still so adorable though.
Your kids are so huge! I wonder if we will even know them when they come. In other thoughts though..Kate is acting more like I remember Grace being before ya'll left here. She makes up the craziest words, and is constantly singing and dancing around the house. It's cute. We miss Grace! Love ya'll!
EM!! We are coming up north for a wedding and a few days to play (maybe go to the zoo and some fabulous shops that St. George is lacking :). I would LOVE to see you and meet your beautiful little family. Are you going to be in town for an afternoon at the park or something?? :) Let me know! Are you running the marathon this weekend or next weekend (can't remember)?? GOOD LUCK!
Don't have a clue what you're talking about Mom? I look and that school picture and ALL I SEE IS GRACE! On second look, Aunt Audra is right, that dog is dang creepy! XOXO Dad
Post a Comment