Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Not On Speaking Terms

I'm pretty sure that every blogger on the Wasatch Front blogged about the cruel April Fool's trick Mother Nature played on us today. We awoke to driving snow. Sick and wrong!

So, I've decided I'm not speaking to Mother Nature until she's ready to act like an adult. No more of this flipsy flopsy snow two inches in the morning then melt it all before sunset.

I've decided to hol' up in my house and not leave until the REAL SPRING arrives. I'm sure my kids will object but . . . that's what daddy's are for, right? (just kidding, I promise)

So to show Mother Nature my protest I'm NOT blogging about her today. NOPE, not me.

Instead . . .
I spent a good part of the day in the kitchen. Therefore my kids spent the better part of the day in the kitchen. Heaven forbid I should be . . . (gasp) in a different room! Oh, the horror!

Where I am, Joseph is. Where Joseph is, there are cars. Therefore my kitchen was invaded by cars today. Kids and cars. I think, one day, I'll miss finding cars in my cupboards. I love it.

I am loving my kids' stages (for the most part). It would be nice to walk from room to room without feeling like a mama duck leading her ducklings around but that won't last forever.
I was tired today. I was short with the kids a time or two but overall it was a good day. This evening we all snuggled in my bed and watched a movie. I love that my kids like that. Can I subtract one or two little annoying things then freeze my kids just think this forever?

I love my kids and yes, I love matchbox cars.

2 comments:

brendaboston said...

One of these days you're gonna be sad that there aren't any cars in your cupboard. Looking for a grandmomma's standpoint, I should have cared less about the mess and loved on ya'll even more than I did. So, I'll just love on yo kids. Mammaw

brendaboston said...

I meant to say that from a grandmomma's viewpoint, I should have cared less about the mess and loved on ya'll more. Sometimes when I'm in a hurry, I don't speak correctly, or type either. But I did get it right that I love you all ssssoooo much.