Monday, April 13, 2009

Punishment

I know I promised to keep the running talk on happyme but I had to share this one.
This past Saturday's run was 18 miles. Adam and I RAN EVERY STEP of 18 miles and it felt good. Relatively good, as good at 18 miles can feel.

I am so dang proud of us. We only have one really long run left before the big day in May.

Now you're wondering, why is this post titled "Punishment"? Punishment because my body is totally punishing me for making it run 18 miles. My knees have screamed at me all day and I wish they'd hush up. The rest of my body decided to show me whose boss during a short and easy four today. I worked for every step of that four miles today.

I am hoping and praying that my body can get over its vengeful issues before tomorrow's nine.
Hoping and praying. Hoping and praying.

6 comments:

Krissi said...

I said it before and I will say it again. AWESOME! Way to go! You rock!

Denae said...

You guys are awesome! Ignore what your body may say. I'm proud of you.

brendaboston said...

I am so proud of you both. I can't even imagine running that many miles. Didn't know you had it in you. After the race, give yo body a rest. Love, Mom

Courtney said...

Em, I am SO proud of you (and Adam, too)! I know how hard those last few longs runs are, but they are so essential to knowing how your body is going to react after "punishing" it like that and then asking for more :) I found that I felt different after 20 miles (aches, needed more calories to keep my energy up, etc.), so even if those knees complain other body parts might be singing praises to your name for acknowledging their needs, too :)
GOOD LUCK!!! Are you doing the Ogden Marathon? I thought for some reason you were doing the Salt Lake...brain damaged :) Sorry.

Bob Boston said...

How's your and Adams knees, ankles and hips? With that kind of milage everything with those 3 have to be very, very good or your body sends you to "the house of pain in a hurry. Go getm! XOXO Dad

Amy said...

You go girl and Adam too!!! That is awesome. So which marathon are you running in May? Good luck and I feel for you.