Last night the girls said, "Mom, can we pleeease paint you nails and brush your hair?" They didn't have to twist my arm. So, while we watched the Charlie Brown Christmas special Ella painted the left hand and foot then Grace painted the right hand and foot. My hair got brushed and my legs/feet and arms/hands got lotioned about ten times.
After watching Charlie Brown one and a half times I declared that I was as beautiful as I was going to get and thanked them for being to sweet to me. I got big hugs from both girls who then declared that I was the best mom in the whole wide world.
So all I have to do to be the "best mom in the whole wide world" is let them brush my hair, paint my nails and lotion me to within an inch of my life?
I can only hope they will love doing this for YEARS to come and that I remain "the best mom in the whole wide world".
Here's to hoping!
p.s. My grandma Agnes calls women who work in salons "beauty operators". I've always loved to hear her say "beauty operator". I still makes me smile. Beauty Operator.
5 comments:
Wow, we need to put our girls to work! What have we been thinking?
Ha, that's so funny. I need to post this picture of Mo painting my toes last week. He did such a lovely job - his teacher at school says he needs to work on staying in the lines.
Well, I for one think those nails are painted in a most excellent way. I'm needing mine painted and Uncle Sam won't do it. I need some sweet girls to visit me. And I miss them terribly. Love you all, Mammaw
That is so cute! They did a great job. Heidi has started wanting to play with my hair and I love it!
This is just the cutest thing ever! Makes me wish I had girls. :)
Post a Comment