Our niece, Isabelle, turned five this week. To celebrate Isabelle's birthday we went fishing. That's right, fishing! If you know Isabelle that doesn't surprise you one little bit. Fishing

Friday, the Hutchinson clan, took refuge from the cold in Randy's family's cabin to celebrate.

At the pond very near the cabin, the bravest of fishermen and fisherwomen bundled up to go fishing. What's a fishing birthday party without actually fishing?

Both my girls love to fish. I love that Ella is using the regular pole and Randy is using the princess fishing pole.

When the cold finally sank into their bones, our little fisherwomen came inside for even more fishing. They actually caught some fish this time. Goldfish and swedish fish!

I didn't get any pics of most of the people up there with us but I did get the weather rolling in. Though brown, black and dead, this place is beautiful, even in the winter. I love being away. Just away.

I could have a thousand of these framed on my walls. How I love these two boys.
We always have a fabulous time at the cabin with family. The kids fell asleep watching Christmas movies while the adults had a wonderful evening of playing games (without arguing, I might add) and chatting. We even talked politics, without arguing.
It was one of those moments in time you wish you could freeze and make last just a little bit longer.
Thank you Homers for having us up and
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ISABELLE
3 comments:
The girls were talking 90 miles a minute about the sleepover at the cabin & fishing in AND outside. They LOVED it and had a great time.
I can't think of too many things more important than those kind of family memories. Sweet, very sweet. Papaw
Love the fishing party Angie, love the picture of your boys, love the way Ella/Grace are clapping on the top bunk, love Grace's cute pink shirt combo! And love you to - mwah!
Oh my Randy Homer. Your heart is made of gold to use a princess fishing pole while allowing your niece-in-law, to use the REAL pole. I can tell from the picture on the top bunk that those girls had a blast. I'm jealous of the game playing between ADULTS. Seems lately all I do is play UNO with little people who get dejected when they don't win, and even accuse me of cheating. Can you imagine? AND sometimes, it's just nice to "get outta Dodge". Thank you Homers for the wonderful time afforded the Hutchinsons. Love, Brenda
Post a Comment