A week or so ago we hauled the Christmas decorations out of storage. That means one very sad thing for our girls.
The girls stand there looking like this and I am saying, "Scarecrow HAS to go back into storage. No, scarecrow can not stand next to the Christmas tree. Give him one last hug so we can put him in the box." They love that scarecrow. I'm not sure Ella should ever be allowed to help pick out a holiday decoration ever again. She gets a little attached.

Once all the Thanksgiving and fall decorations where tucked safely away we could finally get into the Christmas stuff. I have lots of very uncute pics from this evening that I'm choosing not the share. For now, we'll have to live with a pic of all our stockings. My mom made all the stockings(except for mine) for my family. Grandma Agnes made mine for my first Christmas and I love it. Thank you to Grandma Agnes and my mom for our lovely stockings. They are beautiful and just the right size.

Our perfectly sized Christmas tree, lit with white and colored lights, decorated with an interesting assortment of ornaments that I wouldn't trade for the world and topped with a bow I despise. This makes the ninth Christmas now that I've looked for a tree topper that I like and have had no luck. We'll keep using the dumb bow until I give in and buy something that's "good enough" but not great. I'm a little picky sometimes. Doesn't show, does it?

And the best decorations of all: bathed, brushed, pottied, happy and sleepy children. Can you tell that Joseph really likes the tree? Thankfully, he's very careful. Very! Joe is the lights police at our house. When he gets up in the morning, he plugs in the lights. When we leave the house, he makes sure they are unplugged. Its very serious business to him and hilarious for us to watch.
5 comments:
Such cute kids! It is so fun to watch your own kids get excited about Christmas and all of the neat things that go along with it. I love Joes face in the tree picture! I can relate to your girls about taking down decorations. I really get attached to holiday decorations while they are up and I miss them when they are gone (for a short while).
I love the new background. Nice & seasonal.
The girls look so old with their hair all nice & cut! I can't believe how old they are all getting. Joe's a little boy now!
I'm with you on the tree topper drama. I finally just bought one that "will do" because the one from the dollar store years ago is just too ridiculous.
I can just see Joe with the lights. It sounds just like him. He's a very protective little boy. He's such a cute boy. And will make such a good dad and husband someday.
Alright so I was reading Pioneer Women and Brent said "Did you know that Emily Hutchinson says she knows The Pioneer Women." So I clicked on your page and sure enough you say you actually know the Pioneer Women. That is so cool. I read her site daily or whenever she updates so sometimes like multiple times daily. How do you know her?
Oh my goodness. Look at that child's face. Is it Angelic or what? And those beautiful freshly bathed girls - so beautiful. And I love your Christmas tree. What kind of topper are you looking for, my sweet. I miss you all so much. What are we gonna do about all this missing? Love, Momma
Post a Comment