Thursday, March 19, 2009

Upon Waking This Morning . . .

There are a handful of people who, upon waking this morning said, "I think I'll try my best to annoying Emily out of her mind today." They did an awesome job!
Okay, that was a little dramatic since the people are nearly strangers but that didn't make them any less annoying today.
I'll be giving you the "Reader's Digest" version of these stories so as not to annoy you out of your mind.
Today was picture day at preschool. I made sure the form and check made it safely into a "teacher's" hand this morning. Somewhere between the teachers hand and the photographer's hand the check disappeared. GREAT! that's awesome!
Angie (who I carpool with and drove today) was sweet enough to go back up to the school, talk face to face with the really annoying people, get frustrated and write them another check.
That is annoying enough but in the midst of all this Angie accidentally discovered that the supervising teacher (who is pregnant but not due until April) got put on bed rest THREE MONTHS AGO! They didn't feel it was important to let the parents know that there would be a sub in the school for the rest of the school year. I knew I hadn't seen her in a while but since I only drive once a week and the monthly newsletters kept coming home signed "Summer" I assumed I was just missing her. Nope, no!
I have been toying with the idea of pulling Grace out anyway since the work they were doing has become "non-educational" (like devoting a whole week to fairy tales then spending the week talking about Disney movies). Today was the last nail in the casket for me. I am happy to say that Grace will finish this month (since I already paid for it) and then be done with preschool. That, my friends, will be money well saved!
Next, Ella had a tonsillectomy last week (that post will come tomorrow). She's been remarkably well until today when she started to get some drainage and the pain really kicked it up a few notches. (Isn't she so stinkin' cute?)
About 4 pm I called the doctor's office to ask about the increased pain. I'm asked to leave a message on the nurse's voicemail. Great! I'd love to (please note the sarcasm). Two hours later the PA finally calls back and said there was some mix up with the phone numbers (note - he called me on my phone.) Anyway, after talking to him, him calling some pharmacy then calling me back, he decided to change her pain medication. Great. He was going to call the prescription into the pharmacy and I could go pick it up. Double great. Until I got to the pharmacy 30 minutes later and NOTHING! It hadn't even been called in yet. By this time its 7 pm, my kids are getting cranky since bedtime is upon us and the doctor's office is closed, all calls go straight to voicemail. UGH!
Since I'm not going to/can't wait indefinitely at Walgreen's I put everyone back in the car and head home. I notice I have a voicemail but didn't miss a call which means Adam forwarded the message to me from his phone. It is a nurse at the doctor's office saying she tried to call me four times but it was busy and how it is so much better to talk in person but she guesses she'll just have to leave a message as a last resort. (Really? What cell phone on earth gives a busy signal, it would just roll to voicemail if I missed the call and I did not miss FOUR calls since I was WAITING FOR THE CALL.) My phone number doesn't have a Utah area code but it is a similar area code and is often mis-dialed. Don't be all condescending to me when YOU can't dial correctly, four times. If I didn't write 8 0 1 as the area code it probably means my area code is not 8 0 1!
Okay, I'm done.
Except to say that I just called the pharmacy again out of curiosity and her prescription is ready and waiting. That's wonderful considering Adam's not home and all my kids are asleep so I can't go get it. P E R F E C T!
I guess half an hour is too quick to expect someone to call in a prescription for a six year old in pain.
Silly me!
Okay, now I'm really done.
p.s. I'll be fine tomorrow and happily posting about our first tonsillectomy ever! promise.

5 comments:

Boston Family said...

I wish I were there. I would totally go get her prescription for you. That totally sounds like a sucky day ,but tomorrow is bound to be better, right?

Krissi said...

:( The good news is today has to get better.

Anonymous said...

Remember Em, Life is to be enjoyed, not endured. Your blog says so. Love you!

Anonymous said...

When I have days like that, my milage goes up. Gotta love it. Dad

Angie Hoggard said...

I hate days like that! I feel like I have had a month like that! When It rains it pours I swear. Keep Smiling! It will get better!