We went to the opening night of Disney on Ice last week.
(Opening Night sounds all cool but actually was the least expensive night.)
Our kids were
CRAZY EXCITED
There were even some adults in costume. It was . . . special
(you have to say "special" in the Church Lady voice, like it is in my head.)
I was curious how they were going to pull off "Cars" on ice.
Like this.
The kids were still pretty excited at this point.
The way they did waves was very cool. This isn't it but it was still cool.
This is all the cousins (minus Olivia)
counterclockwise from left: Heidi, Isabelle, Ella, Grace, Abby and Joseph in the center
An entire second half of Tinker Bell.
I wish I'd gotten a picture of Ella dozing off during the endless Tinker Bell. It was hilarious!
Overall the kids had fun and we are thankful that Angie spotted those great tickets for all of us.
p.s. I've about decided that all things Disney are overrated. Granted I've never been to Disneyland or Disney World but seeing this show made me want to take the kids there even less. I just don't get the big deal with all things Disney.
(Feel free to boo and hiss and throw rotten tomatoes at your computer screen.)
5 comments:
I think it was wunks. And I remember that poem - Mammaw had so many of them memorized. We're gearing up for disney-loving, part 2!
I agree with the all things Disney. Overrated, overpriced, overhyped!
Amen! It would be cool to see the ice show though. But a whole half of tinkerbell? Seriously? They should have tossed it up more. Looks like a blast!
Don't say such things about Disney! They have allowed me to take many needed naps and make dinner for my hard workin' man. Regardless of my own personal preferance, life in the Hammond house might grind to a halt without Disney princesses. :-)
Boo!! Hiss!!! Tomatoes just hit your screen!! :) Seriously though... I LOOOVVVEEEDDD Disneyland with the kids last year... mainly because we didn't have to fight extremely annoying large crowds, I think that's the secret. BTW.. Happy Birthday yesterday. I hope you had a good day.
Post a Comment