Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Yesterday

Yesterday was a truly lovely day.
Sunday it snowed and was wretched, Monday was all melty and soggy but that made
Tuesday all the more wonderful.
After taking Grace to school, Joe wanted to stay outside. I really needed to run but I can't say,
"Sorry kid, no playing outside on the first nice day in forever. I've got to run."
So we cleaned the junk and garbage out the of the van, playing basketball on the patio and spied some bees doing their thing.
Joseph was game for taking pictures of the bees.
Kind of.
He's actually terrified of any and all flying bugs (including house flies).
So I tried getting some pics of the busy bees.
Then Joe wanted a turn.
So after securing the strap around his wrist so he couldn't drop it (breathe Adam, breathe)
I let him at it.
He took a pic of his "skeches"
(his favorite shoes are Sketchers that he refuses to call tennis shoes, only "skeches"
What was left of Sunday's snow.
Me, of course. (In my defense, I was waiting to run that afternoon so why take a shower and get fixed if you still need to run that day.) I spend too many days like this, waiting to run. Like today, but I never got to run b/c I forgot Adam was working OT. I was C-U-T-E!
And this one, which is my favorite of the bunch.
He also took pics of the sky, our snow shovels and the ground.
We had a fun time, just the two of us, hanging out and doing what he wanted to do.
I hope I can remember to do this more often with all my kids.
It was a happy mom day!

5 comments:

Meggan said...

We cannot wait for the spring to come. Yay for you, for taking time to smell the roses. It's really hard for us ultra productive live people to do sometimes. Love ya'll.

The Hammonds said...

Love it! I always feel super guilty when the sun is actually out and we don't get outside. But, we all need clean clothes to wear as well, so what's a girl to do?

Boston Family said...

Joe,
This is Uncle BIG! I love your sketches! They are cool and make you run really fast! You are such a good photographer, can you teach Aunt Egg somethings? I love you big boy!
Outside is cool, remind your mom!

Lindsay Blain said...

I LOVE these pictures!! The world from the eye of a little boy. SOOO cool! :)

brendaboston said...

Oh my goodness, what a big boy! And you, my dear, are beautiful as usual. Yes, do take time to smell the roses and even love on that sweaty son who is so cute. Love you sweet, Mom