Saturday, August 16, 2008

Ella turns SIX

Ella Christine turned six this week. She has been trying so hard to be patient while waiting for her birthday. She had big birthday expectations and I think we did pretty well in meeting them. Ella, literally, got every gift on her wish list (which, admittedly, wasn't too long).
Ella requested a chocolate, pink flower. I baked, cut and iced the cake. Adam assembled and decorated this masterpiece. This is our first joint effort cake and I think it turned out well.
Ella has been BEGGING for Barbies but I've been hesitant b/c of all the little pieces. I hate little pieces! But when Ella had such a short wish list I gave in. Those dolls hadn't been out of the package 20 minutes when this picture was taken. Nice!
Ella's biggest wish for her birthday was a digital camera. Kid digital cameras are kind of dumb and big and pricey. We decided to kill two birds with one stone and give Ella our digital camera then put the $60 we would have spent on a kiddie camera and put it toward a new grown up camera. Ella LOVES it. She already knew how to use it and started clicking away.
Thank you Ella for the loverly picture of mom.
Happy Birthday my sweet girl!

3 comments:

Boston Family said...

Happy Birthday Miss Ella Vanilla! Holy cow, six years old, I can't believe it! Looks like you had a GREAT birthday complete with digital camera - I don't know many six year olds who get cameras. Your cake looked Fabulous, and tasty too! We can't wait to see you!
Love you,

Uncle Ben, Aunt Meg and Kate

Audra said...

This is one of my favorite posts ever. Barbie & Ken kissing, cute Emmie, and Adam's cake. Y'all are rockin'!

brendaboston said...

Oh thank you Ella for taking such a wonderful picture of your mom. She is a cutie and I can say that with all honesty and accuracy. Love, Mammaw