Sam is the baby of our family. Does he look like a baby? No? I could have swore he was eight years old, like yesterday.
We all, here at the Hutchinson house, love Uncle Sam. He is a excellent brother and a very cool uncle.
I've seen Sam wet with sweat while helping us move when I couldn't help because I was too pregnant.
When Sam was in school at BYUI he would drive down and spend conference weekend with us. Sam ALWAYS bought groceries, shampoo and laundry detergent while he was there. I appreciated his way of saying thank you (he would also actually say thank you).
On Joseph's first birthday he made a royal mess of himself with the chocolate cake. Once the mess was made I didn't have a chance to clean Joe up, Sam had it taken care of. He had Joe in the sink and squeaky clean in no time. I so appreciated that. Icing is really hard to get out of a kid's hair.
And just a few weeks ago when we were in Memphis. I won't hear the kids for a while so I'd head upstair hoping not to find a disaster. I'd find them in the playroom with Sam playing Lincoln Logs, Barbies, Legos or cars. They love Uncle Sam.
Thank you for all your help with my kids and for your patience when we invade Memphis. Thank you for long talks on the phone and for introducing me to new kinds of movies that I end up loving.
I love you Sam. I hope only the best for you and can't wait to see the great things you will do.
5 comments:
Uncle Sam is a stinky Roach, but I guess we will keep him. Happy #26 Birthday Uncle Sam!
Actually, he's much smarter than a roach, and smells quite nice!
What a great brother...I love siblings like this. Lucky you!
You know you're old when your youngest turns 26. Gosh, I remember 26 like it was yesterday. IT WAS yesterday! DAD
Wow, Emily! Thank you. Thank you all. That was very nice. Probably even nicer than the eulogies I got when I faked my death.
Post a Comment