Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Would Tom the Tiger eat Rocky the Redbird if given the chance?

Whenever we are in Memphis we ALWAYS catch either a Redbirds game or a U of M Tigers game, depending on the time of year. Thank you Audra and Nathan for timing your wedding just right so we were able to catch them both in one trip.
After a busy day of wedding chaos, I mean, fun, we spent the evening relaxing on the bluff at AutoZone Park watching the Redbirds get their tailfeathers handed to them.
We sat very near both the playground and the backside of the bluff where the kids, all kids, love to roll down until they laugh themselves silly.
Mom was nice enough to stay home with Joe and there were lots of extra adult eyes to watch my girls so I was able to actually relax. Good times all around!
Above: Megg (7 months preggo, like you can tell) and I had a wonderful time chatting like in the good old days.
Below:Grace and Kate played beautifully this trip. Grace was thrilled that someone would actually do what she said.
The next Saturday we ventured to the Liberty Bowl to watch the Tigers give the game away to the Rice Owls in the last few minutes of play. It was a good game all the way to the end though!
Above, Grace spent most of the night attached to me in one way or another. In this pictures, I think my right leg and butt were completely numb.
Ella and Grace love, love, love going to Memphis Tigers games. My dad has taught them the words to many of the songs the band plays so they sing, dance, yell and cheer. They are, of course, fueled by Pronto Pups (Memphis for corn dogs), cotton candy and soda.
The picture above is a picture of true pappaw, granddaughter bliss.

3 comments:

Meggan said...

I think Tom would eat Rocky. But I think Rocky would definatly put up a good fight. It was a lot of fun. Great night for a redbirds game.

Anonymous said...

Hey Emily!
You are so sweet to leave me comments! Do you Live here??? I thought you were just visiting?? Sometimes I feel so out of it! you family is so cute! I love Blogging! now i will have to add you to my blog roll so i can keep up!! ya I love reading others blogs!!

English Family said...

Hey Emily,
When I cook I kind of combine and make my own recipes. So for the lasagna use a recipe you like except brown the eggplant slices. You toss thins slices in egg and then italian bread crumbs and brown in olive oil (can be made ahead of time and refrigerated). Also you can choose to layer noodles or not. And one of the layers should be 3 cups cottage cheese, 2 eggs, parmesan cheese, and 1 lb mozzarella cheese---April English