Saturday, September 20, 2008

Talent, Sheer Talent

About a year ago I bought this gorgeous Minvera Tiechert print called Rescue of the Lamb. Love it!
Then about a month ago I stumbled upon this frame at DI for $10. Thursday night I took out the glass, cleaned it, painted the frame and readied the print with the mat. So Friday afternoon I was ready to put everything together and hang it. I was so excited.
I was attempting to put the glass back into the frame when it broke. In the process I got cut on the wrist and five places on my hands. While making a bloody mess I called for help. My brother-in-law came to my rescue armed with all manner of first aid supplies including duct tape. Thankfully, I didn't end up needing the duct tape. Impressive, eh?
I did end up needing four stitches, five bandages and a tetnis shot.
Thank you Randy for coming over and helping me get bandaged. Thank you Vickie and Stephanie for coming and watching the kids while I went to the doctor. Thank you Angie and Randy for then having my girls spend the night.
(Funny side note - I've been in a tired, rotten, achey mood this evening (okay, all day). But after half an hour of blogging and a bowl of chocolate/peanut butter ice cream, I feel much better. Amazing, isn't it!)

3 comments:

Boston Family said...

Uh, Excuse me, Mam - We are going to need more photos of both you upper arms. It is standard procedure when investigating Junkies like yourself!
Oh and throw in a photo of your pretty smile, maybe you have Meth-mouth too!
I will be calling your husband about this!
Biggie

Audra said...

That had to have been from Ben. You goof! Thank you Hutchinsons for taking care of my little sister - we love you Em & are glad you're stitched up! Mwah, love you miss you!

Anonymous said...

You Crazy Girl!!! OUCH!!! I am glad it was not any worse!!!