Saturday, January 23, 2010

Best Compliment

This week my sister and I were discussing what we thought our dad might like for his birthday. We talked about the things he asks for every year (literally since our memories began) socks, ties, running shorts. Then Audra said the sweetest thing.

"I wish I could get dad what he really would love, a plane ticket to visit you."
I felt instantly loved and included, which I don't sometimes since I'm so far from home. I know my family loves me and misses me too but its nice to be reminded sometimes. Thank you my sweet sister!
Happy Birthday Dad!
(that post is coming, promise)

3 comments:

Meggan said...

We all miss you. There is a black hole that you feel when ya'll aren't there, like it's just not complete. I want to fly to you for my birthday too. Curse money.

Audra said...

I meant it - love you sissy.

Cortney said...

Me too! It's curse LACK of money. haha. It's tough bein out of the loop.