Monday, January 18, 2010

"not me" Monday (blessing #3)


I absolutely did not share my laundry drama with y'all two weeks ago and promise to show you my fun laundry room "later this week". Nor did I forget that I hadn't promised to do that.
This is our laundry room. I am grateful, grateful, grateful to have a laundry room. Without this little room we would never have moved into this place and met so many incredible people and be enjoying this fantastic neighborhood and wonderful ward.
This space is . . . snug, cozy and every other cute word for TINY!

I have exactly 7.5 inches of clearance for me and my butt to get to the washing machine.
This room is packed with two furnaces, a large hot water heater, a water softener system, our washer and dryer and miscellaneous stuff like the iron, ironing board, our card table and chairs, brooms, on and on and on. You get the idea.

The kids have begun helping with me with the laundry. They are excellent at emptying the dryer and Ella is finally tall enough to empty the washer into the dryer. Grace or Joe is usually on hand to then push the clothes into the dryer. They have a great little system worked out.

So, to get back to my "not me" Monday. I do not have a tiny little laundry room, that is not cramped and will not not let me gain a single pound for fear I won't be able to reach the washer.
I have not put my sweet offspring to work in said laundry room and I do not smile to myself in joy that they are finally big enough to help.

p.s. I have not eaten cheesecake twice in two days (with cherries AND blueberries on top).
(another p.s. my kids being old enough and happy to help is definitely blessing #3)

2 comments:

Emily and Chad said...

Wow... they really fit a lot if stuff in that room! I love how much your kids are willing to help.

Cortney said...

HAHAH. I love you soo much. I just made those cupcake cheesecake things...DON'T do it. They are so small you will rationalize the crud out of eating 3 of them. hahaha. That's awesome that you have your own "little" sweat shop. hahaha. And don't worry about gaining weight. It's not in your genes.