Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Does This Happen to You? (Blessing #1)

I used to do laundry a load at a time throughout the week. Then I noticed that Ella was wearing the same two or three favorite outfits over and over and over. So I started doing laundry once a week.
This is the kids hamper!
I don't think it normally gets this bad but honest to goodness, this is only one week's worth of laundry (and there aren't bedsheets in there either). We must have had a very dirty, messy week!
For example, if every child spills breakfast on their pajamas every day for seven days (not that hard to imagine, honestly) that's 21 pair of pajamas. Then every kid wears at least one outfit a day (and inevitably spills on, falls down in or otherwise dirties it) that's 21 outfits and that's only if they don't change clothes a single time during the day. If you have children you're laughing right now because we all know they love to change clothes a gazillion times. Then there are dress-up clothes that get spilled on at tea parties and boogered on by playmates.
And did I mention that we bathe around here every so often? So that adds towels and wash clothes that aren't included in this picture.
And this isn't even a bed changing Monday!
Do I have a point? Point? Point?
Oh yeah, my point!
I LOVE washing machines AND dryers! I love yummy smelling detergents and fabric softener. I am a million, zillion times thankful that I don't have to wash on a rock or board or even roll a machine out into the kitchen and attach it to the sink. I LOVE not having to hang dry my laundry (especially since its like 20 degrees outside).
Happy Laundry too all!
p.s. I have an odd laundry room I'll show you later this week. promise!
(another p.s. washers/dryers are my blessing #1 this year (but not my #1 blessing))

5 comments:

Cortney said...

I love washing machines and dryers, too! That is a LOT of laundry...ha. Good luck. Have a wonderful detergent day!

Denae said...

Without a doubt that is how much we have too! I'm actually surprised you don't have more. But thank goodness for washing machines & nothing beats the nice smell of laundry detergent. I love walking past a house & smelling someone doing laundry.

Krissi said...

I NEVER have that much laundry. Nope mine is always done at all times. Neatly folded, put away and even ironed.

PS if you ever come to my house please give me enough notice so the above statement is actual truth.

PPS I too love the smell of clean laundry.

Meggan said...

Yay for laundry! And yay for you! Are you counting your blessings? . Love you. Miss you. Did I mention you are one of my most favorite people in all the world? I think you're amazing. Keep up the positive thinking!

Angie said...

I used to not mind laundry.... I've come to HATE laundry!!! Seriously?!!! Do you SERIOUSLY wash sheets EVERY Monday?!!!! I won't tell you how long I go.