Monday, January 11, 2010

"not me" Monday


I am certainly not the kind of person who avoids doing things just because its cold outside. I did not notice on Saturday that my gas needle was touching the "E" line but decide it was too late and far too cold to get gas.
It would be utterly ridiculous to think that I actually ran completely out of gas this afternoon coming home from taking Grace to school.
Me? Run out of gas because it is was too cold to stand outside for three or four whole minutes while the gas pumps AND have to take my mittens off two whole times just to pump gas? Me?
Why ever would you think such a thing?
The high got nearly to freezing today!

5 comments:

Meggan said...

I know it wasn't you, but how would you get out of it if that might had happened to you? I am just curious, and totally understand. That's why I refuse to get out of bed every morning. It's just too cold.

KJA said...

that's funny because whenever I see the needle getting close to empty I tell my husband to stop so he can fill it up.

Cortney said...

oh man...soooo glad I'm not in Utah...Poor Em.

Sam said...

That stinks. Life's drama is full of little preventable mistakes like that... for instance, blowing up a car while you tow it, losing your keys in the snow, accidentally mixing ammonia and bleach... stuff like that.

brendaboston said...

Bless your heart, honey. I know just how it feels. Who wants to smell like gas on your way to anywhere. But then again, running out of gas is the pits. My suggestion: get Adam to fill it up, honey. Men don't mind as much as we do. Promise to make him cookies. Love, Mom