Friday, October 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Joseph

Adam has, again, proven himself in the birthday cake arena. He came up with the idea, cut it out, iced it and decorated it with lots of "help" from the kids. Our big two year old boy loves all the normal boy stuff: cars, trucks, balls, "goss" bugs, animals and trains. He also like his sisters' stuff: lip gloss, lotion, dress-up shoes, baby dolls and strollers.
The family got together at Grandma and Grandpa's house on Sunday to celebrate. The weather was so beautiful we did cake and presents in the back yard.
Ella and Grace approved.
Joseph was in heaven. Shirtless and shoeless, outside, on a bike and with a belly full of cake and ice cream. We hadn't even opened presents yet!
Joseph loves his new toys.
Joseph Adam loves his daddy and Adam adores his little man. Our family just couldn't be complete without Joseph's fun personality. Joe is a blast to have around the house, plays well with both girls and is just happy to be here. We are so thankful Heavenly Father sent him to our family. We love you, Joseph!

6 comments:

Boston Family said...

Happy Birthday Big Joe! I will always love the skowl on his face when you see again, then you just have to tickle him and he warms up to you. He is getting to be such a BIG Boy, next step - Football helmet and pads! Right Mom?
Love you,
St Louis Boston's

Anonymous said...

I'm still so excited to have you as a blogging buddy. Wow!!! He's 2?? Happy Birthday Joe!! He really is so, so cute. I love his spiky hair & I am fully impressed with Adam & his cake. That is talent. Very cute too... in a manly way.
I am still in shock & so sad that you are so far away in UT. What happened??? Will you ever be back in TN (right?) or anything?
Sadly our hair comments mostly come from the family. None from strangers yet. It would be easier to be annoyed with them though.

Courtney said...

Em, you are amazing with cakes!! Hey, we are coming up north for a wedding in November...I was thinking it would be SO fun to get together for lunch or some play time on one of the non-wedding days :) Are you going to be around the week before Thanksgiving? :)

Angie said...

We just love Joe! He's such a cute little man! It was a fun party. I was very impressed by the cake! Good job Adam!

Stiles Family-mostly Kristen said...

Great Party! I love the cake!! You are one crafty women-very impressive!

Christine said...

There is nothing like a father/son friendship...

Loved what you said about Women's Conference. So true. The women in my life have blessed me immensely, namely you. Thanks Em.