Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Week long Halloween Party

Don't you just love, love, love it when Halloween is on Friday? Halloween celebrations last all week long. Who doesn't love a weeks worth of Halloween? Tonight was grandma and grandpa's ward's Halloween party. We go every year we live here and its always a fun time.
Above: All seven of the grandkids were in attendence: one cheerleader (you can't see it but she's a Memphis Tigers cheerleader), one lady bug, three witches and a pumpkin. All high on sugar!
Ella was bashful about trying the "Dangling Donut" game. I was able to convince her it would be fun. And it was!
Grace also did well at the "Dangling Donut" game and shared her donut prize with Joe. However, this picture is all about the bright pink frosting all over her mouth. Aunt Steph was helping with the "Creepy Cake Crawl" so, of course, we had to play.
I found this shirt at Savers lots of months ago and loved it. No clue when I'd ever wear it but loved it just the same. Finally, a fitting excuse to wear my awesome shirt. I'm gathering the gumption to wear this shirt on a regular basis. I'm not sure I've got the style to pull it off but I can dream. I just might try wearing it to the bus stop (minus the pig tails and not tied in the front, promise)

p.s. I had a little boy in Ella's class ask me today, "Why do you talk like a country person?" I replied, "Because I'm from the country." The burbs, where I'm actually from, don't really qualify as "country" but it seemed a fitting answer for a punk red head six year old (with black painted fingernails, btw).
One more thing, these are my new favorite jeans. Not new jeans but my new favorites. I feel very this in these jeans. And that's a good thing!

4 comments:

Adam said...

What a HOT mom! Looks like fun. Wish I could have been there.

Anonymous said...

cute!! you all look like you are having so much fun!

Boston Family said...

It looks like a blast! I love the outfit Em! And yes, you totally pull it off. You are way too trendy for your own good sometimes! Love you tons!

Anonymous said...

Yes, my sweet Em, you are shylish. Anything you wear makes you look good. Halloween is all about fun and getting that sugar buzz. Adam, you and us missed it. And I'm pea green with jealousy. Thanks for keeping us posted on your blog.
I love you.