Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Radio Disney Party at the Gallivan Center

Thank you, Grandma Vickie, for suggesting we go to the Radio Disney Party at the Gallivan Center today. Everyone minus the working men went and we had a HOT time. The kids were thrilled from start to finish.
We rode TRAX downtown which is always a treat for the older girls. Thankfully I had extra hands to keep everyone sitting down and to listen to all the excited chatter.
This is Aunt Stephanie, Adam's youngest sister, with Ella and cousins Abby (Steph's lap) and Isabelle (peeking from behind).
We love that Stephanie is out of school and wants to hang out with us during her time off school and work. Thanks Aunt Stephie!
We got there just before everything opened so we got a great place in line for face painting. Ella chose a butterfly and Grace chose a flower. They both look so ridiculously cute. (I'll post better pics of the face art soon.) Joseph won't even think about sitting still long enough for a face painting. Oh well, the snake one would have been so cute.
Next we were off to the Moon Bounce. Then to make some "slime". What kid doesn't love slime? If you look closely you'll see that Joe is DONE with the crowds and being herded by this time.



So Ella and Grace stayed with Angie and her two older girls to play some games while I took Joe out to run. There was a field set up with sprinklers and a real fire truck spraying the kids (gently) with a fire hose. Joe spend most of the time moving the sprinklers around.
What a funny boy!



Finally the girls had also had enough of the crowds and the sun. We found a shady spot to eat our lunch and let the kids run around.
For once, I remembered to have someone take a picture of me with my kidlets.

Thank you aunts and Grandma for all the extra hands and help it takes to take three small children into such a huge crowd and still have fun.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Ah! That is SO great that you are in Salt Lake! We come up often, so I will have to get your email info so that I can get your phone number for a Fabulous Bartlett Reunion! I've been in touch with Meredith Hansen (now Patterson), Rebecah Knackstedt, and a few others from Bartlett--lots of us ended up here in Utah (the very last place I would have imagined :). Anyways, that is a detour, from how excited I am to see you again! It has been SO long! What brought you guys to Salt Lake? Is Adam still a pilot? Oh, so many questions! Lots of love from the blazing hot southern part of Utah (109 today...phew). Is your family ever coming out to Salt Lake? Wouldn't it be awesome to have a Boston/Whittington Reunion?? I'll make the Rotel :)

Christiansen Clan said...

O my gosh!!! I was sooo thrilled to get your message. Yay! We can finally keep in touch. You have a beautiful family. I can't believe how big your kids are! CRAZY! I will check your blog often to get updates! -Amy

The Hammonds said...

Looks like so much fun! You know, I'm sure you've heard this a thousand times before, but Ella looks like such a little Emily! (with blonde hair) I bet it's so fun for your kids to be so close to family. Good times!