Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Snow in July

We took the kids up to Silver Lake yesterday. Its up Big Cottonwood Canyon at the Brighton Ski Resort. Its a super easy and kid friendly "hike" around the lake.
The kids were REALLY excited to find a big patch of snow that hasn't melted yet. Ella and Grace were so pleased with themselves that they were sneeky enough to peg Adam with a few snowballs.

The scenary around the lake was beatiful. I miss all the green of home but this will do for now. I'm continually amazed at how blue the sky is here. Adam has been making an effort to take more of the pictures when we are out. He got some of me with the kids from the front but not any I'm willing to share. I love this one best. It reminds me that my kids are at such cute and fun ages. They frustrate the fire out of me sometimes but they are also my greatest joy.
I LOVE being up in the mountains. They are a wonderful escape from the dust, people, noise and traffic of the valley.
We are taking the kids camping this weekend. Adam and I are more excited than the kids.
I am looking forward to spending a couple of days in these gorgeous mountains with the people I love most and have the most fun with. I'll take loads for pictures.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Em, that is such a cute picture of you walking across the bridge with your children :) Sounds like you guys have been busy having some serious fun! We are going to the Wallace Family Cabin next week and I am SO excited--it is such a great escape from normal life. We might be coming up to Salt Lake next month, I'll keep you posted and maybe we can get together! :) P.S. I am going to delete your email address from my blog so you don't get any creepy cyber-stalker or anything :)

Meggan said...

I love that pic with you and grace and joe! Love it! Tell Adam great job! It looks like you have been super busy, but having fun! Glad to see all is going well! Love you!

Emily said...

You seem to always be doing something fun. We need to be more like that. I love the picture of the three kids. They are so cute!