Friday, July 25, 2008

Hot Summer Days

I found myself in a nearly rotten mood this morning so instead of staying home and wallowing in it we got out of the house. I took the kids to one of the water features downtown for some cooling off. Ella got soaked to the bone, Grace refused to get in all together and it took Joe a good 20 minutes to get used to the idea of getting wet. Everyone was happy in the end.
Grace looks a thousand times cute in my sunglasses, wouldn't you say? No outing is complete without fruit snacks. I don't keep them visible around the house b/c when I do the kids ask for them CONSTANTLY. I save them for fun outings like this one.
And in case you're wondering, I've tried every fruit snack on the shelf and the Wal-mart smiley face ones are the best, hands down. In the purple box, not the tropical ones.
When Joseph finally decided he liked the water he had a blast. Apparently he's thirsty and the bottled water I brought is boring. Adam will die when he sees I let Joe "drink" the water. I actually have pictures of all my kids "drinking" the water but since Joe thought of it I used him.

Near the water feature is a stage where, while we were there, a dancing/singing group of teen something girls was having a recital. Ella was mesmerized (sorry, no cute pics). We stayed and listened to some really awful singing and embarassing dancing for 30 long minutes. Ella talked about the pretty singing and beautiful dancing all the way home. She is just dying to take a dance class. I want to settle into full day first grade then see how the schedule looks. You never know, you all may be able to say, "I knew her when. . . . "

1 comment:

Audra said...

Grace is my favorite diva - love the glasses! And hey Adam, if we survived Spring River - it'll all be good. Love you guys.