Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My Shining Grace

If you know Grace very well, you know that she is one hilarious little chic. Grace went with me to the Relief Society broadcast on Saturday. While sitting in the chapel waiting for the broadcast to begin she was pointing out all the "burned" lights (one was burnt out, the rest just weren't on). Grace looks at me and says, "Mom, when I grow up I want to be a light bulb. When they work really hard they get hot."
I just smiled and said, "Yes, they do get hot when they are working."
The future for a girl as special and wonderful as Grace is sure to be full of exciting opportunites and limitless fun. I wonder what else she will decided to be when she grows up?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily I'm so glad to find you! I needed a little dose of my girls. I miss those sweet things so, so much. I'm glad to hear Grace is still as great as ever. Give them loves for me please. We miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

Sweet girl! Love Papaw

Anonymous said...

Cute!!! Is that picture taken at thanksgiving point in the animal farm place?

Boston Family said...

She is such a diva! We love our grace. It's funny the things kids say, and she never seems to be short of interesting musings. Tried your yummo soup tonight. It was a hit, and I feel fulfilled having gotten Kate to eat squash. Love ya'll!

The Rich Family said...

Have I ever told you that you have the most beautiful children! Seriously. I wish that we could hang out around you guys more. I'm sad that we live so far away now, but these blogs sure help a lot!