Saturday, October 25, 2008

Hoedown

There was a "Hoedown" at Ella's school yesterday. Yes, a hoedown! Ella was DYING to go. So half an hour before Joe's bedtime, the kids and I backed up and were off to the hoedown. My six year old has now learned the hokey pokey, the chicken dance, the Virginia Reel and Cotton-Eyed Joe. Ella had a ball!
Above: the Virginia Reel
Above: Grace and Joe had a little less fun, at first. Joseph soaked himself in the water fountain. He got to wear Ella's jacket the rest of the evening.

Grace's evening improved when I let her put on some lipstick, all by herself.

Overall, the evening was a success. The kids got to run amok with friends while listening to "hoedown" music and wearing a lovely shade a lipstick.

4 comments:

Angie said...

It looks like Ella had a blast! I could totally see her loving that. I heard Steph is giving her piano lessons. You can come use our piano for her to practice anytime.

Sharonda and Zaron said...

Your kids are so adorable; what a fun activity.

Audra said...

I love the phrase -run amok- And can Ella teach me the Virginia Reel. I think I forgot it (oh, what would Scarlett O'Hara say!)

Courtney said...

How fun! I love that Grace is already a make-up artist :)