Friday, November 7, 2008

Love those Locks!

The girls have been begging for haircuts. Today was finally the day! A friend of mine does hair in her home and does an awesome job. If you live in the area and are looking for a hair person, let me know. She's great! Thanks Jenny.
And there they are!
Ella has been admiring herself most of the evening. I think she likes the new do. The pic looks uneven but its not.
Miss Grace and I talked about it and she thinks its a good idea to give her hair to little girls who don't have any hair. Locks for Love will be receiving this 12 inch pony of my baby girl's hair.
Grace looks beyond adorable in her new bob. I'm excited to get my hands on both the new haircuts and fix them all cutsy. Check back for more pics in days to come.


Side note for my mom - My mom loves to fix the girls' hair when we visit and she always asks them to share their hair with her. Of course they think that is terribly silly and giggle hysterically. So, last week Grace and I were chatting and I asked her what she wanted to do with her hair. She said she wanted to give it to mammaw for Christmas. There you go mom! I'm sorry to report mom that I then suggested that maybe since mammaw already had hair that Grace could give her hair to someone that didn't have any hair at all. Grace agreed that was probably best. What a sweet girl that Grace is. I sure love her beautiful little smile and her big, funny personality.
p.s. I must admit that I will miss my girls' long hair, especially Grace's. But I will not miss the washing, conditioning, combing, brushing, fixing, refixing, combing brushing, fixing, refixing, combing, brushing, fixing, refixing . . . you get the idea.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a Sweet girl. We're all should be thankful that Grace allows us in her world. Frankly, it's a pretty GREAT place to be. Thanks Grace Ann

Emily said...

They look so beautiful! I really love Grace's hair! I was pretty shocked when I saw how long that ponytail was but I really like it. It's awesome she has enough to donate.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet little grandchild, thinking of her mammaw whose hair is thinning by the day, or so it seems. Our hair is exactly the same and I'd use hers if it was possible. But I believe Grace has it right - she should share with others with less. I'll miss fixing hair but Grace Anne is beautiful, no matter what. I love you Grace Anne and Ella. Mammaw is so proud. I miss hugging you and getting kisses. Mammaw

Audra said...

I don't know about easier Em. Ella told me on the phone the other day that now you HAD to curl her hair everyday, and that she was going to like it. Sweet girls!

The Rich Family said...

Such beautiful little girls! And gorgeous hair too! I wonder if they will want to keep it long when they are older. I know if I had hair like that I would never cut it off. Their new haircuts are way cute though!

The Hammonds said...

Holy cute hair! My mom never let me cut my hair when I was little, even though I begged her, and now I have serious hair-cutting issues. You're a good mom to give them control over their hair -- which is waaay cute, by the way.