Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Back To School
Ella's first day of first grade was yesterday. What a big girl we have! It was RED day at school which is, apparently, terribly exciting. Ella was excited about two things in the first grade. 1) they get TWO recesses on the big playground, not the kindergarten playground 2) getting to eat lunch at school in the cafeteria. Notice her cool pink lunch box/bag with hearts on it. Her backpack was empty going to school but the lunch box could not possibly go into the backpack. Then no one could see it. What was I thinking? Duh!
This is the first ever "getting on the school bus" picture I have. There are four little boys at the bus stop with us who mostly just stare. Ella loves to play "Simon Says" at the bus stop. I am always Simon and if the command doesn't involve running, skipping or hopping somewhere Ella says, "Mom, you're not playing right." I love, love, love taking her to the bus stop.
In kindergarten Ella only rode the bus in the morning so two bus rides in a day is a new thing for us. Everyone wanted to come and meet the bus yesterday. Ella was super excited that we ALL came.
Ella had a wonderful first day of first grade. She likes her teacher, loves the two recesses, only ate half her lunch and wasn't the lease bit tired after seven hours of school. In fact, she was up (in her bed) until 10:30 last night. I hope she doesn't crash at school today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What a cute girl. I can't believe how grown up she is. Doesn't it sometimes feel like you were just having your picture taken at the bus stop on your first day of school?
Did you do okay with her starting full day? She is looking so grown up! Have blast with your mom being in town. We miss being closer.
She is growing up so fast! Isabelle looks up to her so much.
Ella is me all over again. Just thinking about school & oh, the excitement - would keep me up half the night.
Post a Comment