Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Great Bike Adventure!

Getting all our kids onto bikes has been a fiasco. Its a very long story the spans two years, two moves, three sets of training wheels, two tire repair kits and countless trips to many, many stores. Let me just say it has been frustrating. But HALLELUJAH they are finally all on bikes!
Adam has been so good to assemble bikes, put on training wheels and fix flats. Hopefully this will be the last "fix" of the summer. Notice the line of chairs, blankets and pillows off to the left. Everyone was "watching" daddy fix Grace's bike. Who knew flat tire repair was a spectator sport?
Miss Grace on her purple bike with her new training wheels. She ended up getting super frustrated saying, "It keeps stopping."
Joseph wanted to go but didn't want me to touch him or his "bi". Since he can't pedal it yet he ended up screaming ALOT.
Ella has finally gotten the hang of it. I'm thinking we'll be able to take off her training wheels by the end of the summer. She's loving it and I am too.

4 comments:

Christine said...

McCoy has the same "challenge"...she gets stuck all the time, because she let's the pedals go backward...not fun. I love that bicycle fixes are a spectator sport. Your kids are adorable!

The Hammonds said...

I love the bikes! Andrew is still on his big wheel, mostly because although he can pedal, steering is a whole separate issue. I hope Joseph learns to pedal soon! That's a good day when you no longer have to break your back pushing.

Angie said...

Yay for the bike saga finally being over! I bet they're loving it! You'll have to ride them over sometime soon.

Audra said...

We need to borrow Ella for about one week to show Maddie just how fun bike-riding can be! I just got a bike too - very fun & so much faster than running everywhere! Who knew?