Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I think its Love!

I love, love, love me a good pediatric dentist office. The girls have been BEGGING to go the dentist so I finally got my tail in motion and found a new dentist, made an appointment, picked Ella up from school early and made it to the office with all three kids just in time to wait for 45 minutes. I was NOT happy!
Anyway, apparently Grace has deep teeth that this dentist suggested we fill up so to avoid inevitable cavities. So a week later we (all three kids and I) venture back and I swear to myself that if we wait more than five minutes I'm going to loose it! The receptionist must have seen the green ticked off aura around me because we waited less than a minute.
This is why I love a good pediatric dentist office. The office was barn themed with tractors and animals that Joe was in love with. There was also a little electric train that traveled around the office near the ceiling. That thing kept Joseph occuppied for a seriously long time. There was a tv in the ceiling on which Grace chose to watch "Enchanted" (note the ear phones). She got a pink nose piece thing through which to smell bubble gum scented "funny gas". And after all was said and done they all three got sugar-free suckers and balloon animals to take home. Grace also got to take home her pink nose thing which, by the way, a week later still smells like bubble gum.
All and all, I would recommend this office if anyone is interested. I'm choosing to believe that our first visit experience was just a fluke. I'm thinking that next time I'll just wear my green aura from the get go.
Here's to no cavities, healthy pink gums and pearly white teeth. Happy flossing to all and to all a good night.

3 comments:

Audra said...

Em, I think you mean "fluke", fluck is well, not sure what that is. We have a really great dentist here too that authentically looks like a clown - Dr. Brink - love that guy! He has a prize hall where the good kids pick off these giant pegboards of goodies. And GUM, and MOVIES, and scenes of rabbits, deer, and birdies all over the walls. Hey, why don't they have that at the OB office - because I could use some comforting there!

Angie said...

It sounds like a MUCH better dentist than we went to. I'm going to have to find out where it is from you.

Sam said...

I don't like it... If kids aren't terrified of the dentist, what incentive do they have to brush their teeth thoroughly? Yes, that's right: I'm sending my kids to the dentist who has walls decorated with machetes and black mold, and pipes in nitrous oxide that smells like a battlefield.