Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Should I Be Worried?

Probably!
Grace goes to preschool at a local high school. I chose this preschool because of the high "teacher" to student ratio. "Teacher" meaning high school students that are learning to teach preschoolers as part of their chosen high school curriculum. I've been very pleased with the program but then Grace brought this home last week.

Three! Three of ten words are spelled correctly. Three! Bananas would make four except it is spelled "Banana's" like the banana is possessing something or its some new-fangled contraction.

I'm leaving Grace in this class since (1) finding a new preschool is impossible this time of year (2) I'm trying not to be a spaz and (3) they aren't teaching Grace to spell.

FOR MY DEAR, SWEET, HILARIOUS HUSBAND

Elementary schools in Tennessee have full day kindergarten. I went to full day kindgarten and children today, in Tennessee, go to full day kindergarten. Adam thought it was so funny (back when Ella started kindergarten in Tennessee) to joke that it must take kids in Tennessee twice at long as other kids to learn the same stuff. Ha. Ha. Maybe Utah should consider switching to full day kindergarten!

Just for the record, having experience both full and half day kindergarten with Ella I, actually, prefer half day. Call me crazy.

1 comment:

Sam said...

I donn't cee anyfing rong withe the waye fokes do fings in Uta! Yoo arr a raicist!