Blogging connects me to people I would never have gotten to know, like Adam's cousin's wife, Krissi Hutchinson. Krissi is hilarious and I wished we lived closer. She would be the best next door neighbor.
Anyway, this "Best of 2008" TAG is from Krissi. I don't consider 2008 a red letter year for us so here's 12 things that made 2008 the year that it was, good and bad. (In no particular order, except to space the pictures out.)
1. We began the year with a terribly, horrid, "kick me in the gut" move. This is the town home we moved from in Kirkwood, MO. Long story short, the semi couldn't get into the complex so last minute we had to rent a UHaul to ferry ALL OUR BELONGINGS to the semi parked about a mile away. Yes, that means we moved everything TWICE. My sweet brother was our only moving help that day and we wore him out. Wait, there is not way to make this story short so you'll have to take my word for it. It sucked!
3. We bought a couch this year. Not a big deal for some but huge for us. We bought a futon when we first got married and loved it. But almost 10 years later I'd grown to despise it. I love, love, love our chocolate and mocha sectional that is ridiculously comfortable and seats a boat load of people.
5. We moved to Utah to get out of debt. Period. Adam was able to work quite a bit of overtime this year and I'm thankful for that. We've made wonderful progress this year and pray that 2009 will be even better than 2008 for paying off debt.
6. Nearly every member of my family has visited us this year. Megg and Kate came in March, Audra in April, Sam in May, Mom in August, Audra and family for Christmas and my dad on Christmas Day. I am so thankful to have seen my family so many times this year. I hope for when three visits in one year seems like little instead of lots. But for now, I'm happy with three.7. When we moved back we promised ourselves that we'd appreciate the mountains. We did pretty well. We took the kids hiking several times and even got in a few hiking dates. The mountains are so beautiful and peaceful.
8. Ella started first grade this year, which means all day school and two bus rides. She adjusted beautifully and grew to love school. Ella still says the bus is too loud. Good thing our stop is the last of the morning and the first of the afternoon.Also, Grace was a Sunbeam this year. Grace never did settle into nursery very well but did awesome in Sunbeams from day one. Hallelujah for the small things in life!
11. Again, this may sound silly but we've had a big year for . . . haircuts. I found a wonderful chic who gives awesome haircuts. I don't curse after haircuts anymore. Yeah!
I continued cutting Adam's hair and added Joe to my list of victims, I mean customers. Too bad I detest cutting hair. Oh, the things we do for our families.
Also, Grace donated 12 inches of her gorgeous, shiny brown hair to Locks of Love this year. She liked her new hair for a while but now wants to grow it long again.
There's our 2008 in a very small nut shell. I pray that 2009 will bring us closer to achieving our goals and adding permanence in our life. Wish us luck and keep us in our prayers. Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment