Adam joined us at the KidsCare. After throwing up two more times they sent us up to Primary Children's Hospital. The doctor at KidsCare told us that two adults had to be in the car on the way to the hospital or we'd have to take an ambulance. No thank you! Randy and Angie were sweet enough to let Grace and Joseph come sleep over (despite their own kids' barfing issues) so Adam and I could drive Ella to Primary Children's. Good thing we were both there since Ella threw up twice more in the car on the way.
We told the new doctors and nurses the story a million more time while Ella threw up again. They decided to do a CT of her head since she was throwing up so much. The x-ray from the KidsCare and the CT came back fine and Ella threw up AGAIN.
(Do you love my emergency room chic outfit? I was in my workout clothes when all this began and when I finally decided to take Ella to the KidsCare I didn't think to change. I just stepped into my snow boots, b/c it was snowing, and was out the door. Cute eh?)
Ella begged me to let her go to school yesterday (as if!). I did let her go to school today but only with a long note to her teacher and a solemn promise from Ella that she would call me if she felt even a tiny bit funny.
And so the moral of the story is . . . kids will be kids. Little girls like to dance and twirl and into every childhood a little emergency room will fall.
Thank you to the Elders' Quorum presidency for giving Ella a blessing and Randy & Angie for letting the kids spend the night.
9 comments:
I'm so glad she's okay! Those ER times can be a little scary, for sure. Kudos to you for posting the picture of you. I would have cropped myself out. :-)
That is so scary. I'm glad that she's doing better.
Lindey felt so bad (AS DID I!!) Many prayers were said here in her behalf. In Lindey's prayer she said; "Bless Ella to feel better, and bless that she will still be my friend". Too cute. I'm glad she is ok and, again, I'm SOOOO Sorry it all happened in my care.
I'm glad I could give you a giggle. I like knowing that some people get my sense of humor. Sorry to hear about your little girl. Emergency rooms are never fun. Especially, in the middle of the night. I'm glad she is feeling better.
I'm glad Ella is doing better. That's so scary. We were thinking about you guys but I didn't want to call in case you were sleeping and by the time I called Angie for an update Ella was doing better. Heidi talks about you guys all day. She lists off all her cousins about 10 times a day and has started including you and Adam in the list.
I'm so glad she had a pretty quick recovery. I wish we could have helped you guys out more though.
That's pretty intense! I am happy to hear that she is okay now. Those emergency room visits can be scary. - BTW - love the outfit, very hip.
Oh my goodness!! I'm glad she's ok. How scary for you! I just KNOW we have many of these experiences to come with how crazy Evan is. *sigh*
Poor Ella! Glad that she's doing better! Love ya'll!
Post a Comment