Friday, January 30, 2009

A Sparkling Blessing #4

Ten years ago yesterday I got officially engaged. "Officially" meaning, I got my ring. I picked out a similar ring at a local jewelry store but when we returned to buy it, it had already been sold. They couldn't get another so we found a guy to make it for us. We drew a picture, chose a center stone and waited.
A very nervous Adam surprised me with it (it wasn't supposed to be done for another week) on January 29th 1999. I love to tease him about trying to put it on my right hand.

Adam was very patient while shopping for rings. He was perfectly okay with my, "This is the only earthly thing I will look at everyday for the rest of my life." attitude.
I love, love, love my ring. I still think, after looking at it everyday for ten years, that I have the most beautiful ring I've every seen. Bar none!

I hope every wife thinks that about her wedding ring.

So, without being all materialistic and vain, I'd like my wedding ring to be blessing #4. Not that its the 4th most important blessing in my life, the date just came and went and it was on my mind.

3 comments:

Krissi said...

our engaged anniversary. I love when friends leave multiple comments. It makes me giggle and I love your post. I will link it tomorrow.

Krissi said...

We were engaged on the 31st almost exactly four years before you. That makes me feel old. We were married June 2. When is your anniversary.

KJA said...

that's very sweet. I got engaged 12/21/98 (just a month prior). Getting ready to celebrate our 10 yr anniversary. I think your ring is beautiful too. I didn't get an engagement ring (my choice) instead we opted for an anniversary band on our one year anniversary.