Friday, January 30, 2009

Kudos to Me

Remember that "Successful Mothering" convention I went to with Angie? I learned a ton of cool idea for motherhood wife-hood and being happy with yourself-hood. One of them was,

Don't wait for other to praise you. Praise yourself.
-
Here it goes. I took the kids to Carls Jr the other cold, cold evening to play and burn some energy. Carls Jr has the most fantastic burger EVER on their menu. This, my friends, is the Guacamole Bacon Six Dollar Burger. It is mind-numbingly good. There was a time in my life that I could and would eat a whole one by myself. But since we checked the nutritional information, Adam and I split one two or three times a year. But Adam wasn't there and I wanted one REALLY BAD. Really!

But I didn't. I got a much smaller and plainer hamburger that was good but not mind-dumbingly good and I was okay with that.

BUT, if you're ever in the mood to blow 85 grams of fat on one hamburger, this is the burger to do with. Mind-numbing y'all. Mind-numbing.

3 comments:

Boston Family said...

That looks absolutely amazing em! I love that you didn't succumb, that takes some definite control! Love and miss ya'll! -Megg

Courtney said...

First thought: "Em, ROCKS! She ran her miles and rewarded herself with a big, juicy burger!"
After reading the post: "She should go back and get that burger...bet she deserves it."
I guess it is a good thing I read your post and had to admire your self-control. I'm such a softie for little food treats...might explain a few pounds that I can't get rid of :)

The Rich Family said...

I have had that one before. It is pretty delicious! I love the way you talk and describe things, so funny!